Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dreams of Surfing in a Blizzard: Part 2


February 10, 2010

With this past weekend's storm, I thought mother nature might have gotten winter out of her system. Unfortunately that was not the case as she has created another perfect storm that is currently burying the I-95 corridor and my small borough of Narberth.

I did take advantage of the wet, heavy snow - ideal for packing snow balls and builing a snowman - to create a snow wave. After shovelling for the upteenth time, I piled the snow high in my yard and began construction of a pristine right barrell. Knowing that I could not enjoy the wave myself, I thought at least Barney, my Tijuana Monkey on a surfboard, can get really stoked in the snow. However, I was crestfallen after working diligently on the wave to realize that Barney is facing the direction of a left breaking wave. Despite the mix-up, he still looks happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment